Today when I came in I had three more counties to add to the recruiting binder which was about twenty more schools to add. This meant that I needed to research more recruits and add in more recruits from the all-conference list and all district list as well. This again was very time consuming but once I finished I would be able to get back to reviewing more film and helping give Coach Paul another set of eyes for new recruits.
Once I finished up I was able to start reviewing highlights of the recruits once again. I got through two schools and then came to my opp’s moment. As I started looking up a recruit, I was not able to find any information on this particular recruit. So, thinking that this was just an odd thing, I found the same thing with the next recruit and then a third in a row. At this point, I became very concerned as to why I am not finding any information about these recruits. So I went to another school that was in the same conference and this is where I found I had made a mistake. When searching for my all-conference list, I downloaded a list that was older than what I needed. What this did was give me kids that had already graduated high school and this was why I was not able to find them when searching for them in the different tools provided. While this wasn’t a major mistake, it was a little time consuming to fix. Luckily, the conference only had 6 teams that Coach Paul was recruiting from, so all I had to do is fill out a new recruiting form and fill back in the information that was correct. Now when I come back in I have to find an updated all-conference list and add in those new recruits to the list which should not take much time at all.